5 Ways to Make Your Retail Employees Fall in Love With You
Every retailer wants hard-working, loyal employees who will help the business grow. Like any relationship, it is a two-way street. With Valentine’s Day right around the corner, show your employees the love they deserve. Or better yet, make your employees fall in love with you.
Here are five ways to encourage your employees and make them fall in love with their job:
- Don’t micromanage. Give employees some control over their work areas and work conditions. A huge factor in employee dissatisfaction is the powerless feeling that comes from being micro-managed by a boss. Give people the freedom to manage their work area, trusting them to make good decisions.
- Engage with your staff. Communication is key. Ask your staff the right questions, and listen to the answers. Find out what each employee values in a work environment and tie that to how you manage your store. Providing everyone access to managers while working the sales floor is a great way to keep the lines of communication open.
- Empower employees with the right resources. Delight employees by removing the obstacles to their success. Providing the type of tools that eliminate their frustrations can transform their work experience. For example, with the right communication technology, they can quickly answer customer questions, find items, and accommodate any customer needs.
- Simplify store operations. Instead of making employees monitor what products have sold, what products need restocking, and what to move into and out of back-room storage, simplify all operations with communication devices. It’s difficult to remember which storage areas contain which items, but you can eliminate all that running back and forth by providing on-floor employees with a way to communicate to staff already in that area.
- Create flexibility. Help employees be more versatile by training them to perform a variety of tasks. Using technology to their advantage, they can call on other associates or managers to quickly find the answer to something they haven’t learned yet. Your employees will be more productive—and your customers will get faster service.
Give your employees more reasons to love what they do and you will see a more passionate and motivated workers on the sales floor.
With Valentine’s Day right around the corner, show your employees the love they deserve. Or better yet, make your employees fall in love with you.